Tuesday, April 8, 2008

long time, no blog

So, Charlotte sent me an email that said something along the lines of "you suck, update your blog"...so here I am. Alive and well. As are my two boys. Campbell is getting ready to teethe (for real this time, I hope!) - flushed cheeks, copious drooling, a bit of a temperature and, oh yes, the dreaded whining! We're back to marathon hour-and-a-half feeds and screaming whenever I put him down, which is why we had a crazy but successful looong car ride into town and back today, so Cam would nap (pity I chose to go during insane school hour traffic - didn't really think it through!).

Apart from the teething issue, we've been having loads of fun with Campbell this past weekend. He's truly a delight. He went for his very first swim on Sunday morning at the Todd Energy Aquatic Centre in New Plymouth. Here are some pics from the day:


Don't drop me, Dad!


WOW!! A giant bath! Cam had a great time splashing and waving his arms around in the water. Any excuse to make lots of noise!



OMG - is that a floatie? lol


Going down the slide (Carl started him off at the top and I caught him and guided him down half-way).



Carl and Campbell. We had so much fun swimming together - playing tag, floating Cambo on his back and tummy, and even dunking him under a couple of times. He doesn't mind being dunked/having water on his face at all, which probably comes from the few months when he was very young and we showered him (he hated the bath for a long time). I'm glad he's turning into a water baby and enjoyed his first trip to the pools. We'll probably be going back again this coming weekend and spending longer there, getting him used to it all. Such a fun family activity!

In other news, we are moving into New Plymouth this weekend - YAY! We have our very own two-bedroom house very close to the city, complete with a fully fenced yard. It will be great to be just the three of us for the first time - and I'm sure Geoff will be pleased to get his games room back! A big shout out to our parents at this point, for all your support in letting us live with you. We have appreciated it so much!

I told Dad I would load a video up tonight of Campbell being cute, playing in the sunshine this afternoon, but unfortunately Blogger is throwing its toys and won't let me. I'll try again tomorrow. And Charlotte - there's something for you in Mum's courier package. I love you Silly!