Friday, May 2, 2008

catch up post

Sorry about the lack of blogging lately - we don't have a landline or Internet at our new place, so I'm typing this up at Jenny's (Carl's mum's) place. Hope you guys haven't been missing this gorgeous smile too much!





Isn't he magnificent?! My cousin Steph sent me an email recently that said he was going to be a heartbreaker when he got older...I must say I agree! =) Campbell has been really thriving lately, despite the fact that he still has no teeth and we've been having some teething drama (back to multiple feeds a night - bummer! He was doing so well). He is babbling up a storm and can now say mumma, dadda, nan-nan and bum-bum. It's so cute! He pretty much talks constantly and enjoys having "conversations" with people. I've included a video below, and in it Cambo says a word not included in the list above...see if you can pick it up! It's a word he's been practising a lot - he's nearly got it.

He is also commando crawling. He's actually really fast and has figured out that he doesn't need me to shift him from room to room before he starts exploring - he can get there himself. In the morning he loves to crawl over to our TV cabinet, turn on the xbox (yes, he knows exactly what to do - it's scary!), pull all the games off the shelf and then get himself a controller. Just like Daddy! He can also wave and clap. The Plunket nurse said he was very advanced for his age (said in my best proud mummy voice)!