Friday, January 4, 2008

festival of lights

Wow - the weather in Taranaki at the moment truly rocks! It's so hot and sunny...really feels like summer down here. We are loving getting out and about with Campbell, taking him for walks in the park and around to different people's houses to visit. He is such a great kid...so patient and sociable, full of smiles and willing to put up with a million cuddles from a million different people. Every day Carl and I say to each other how lucky we are to have such a fantastic little man in our lives.

Pretty much everybody who reads this blog will know how much I love the Festival of Lights at Pukekura Park. It was where Carl and I had our first date, and I couldn't wait to take Campbell along for his first experience. Jenny and Geoff came as well, and between the two of us Jenny and I got some pretty great photos:












Cam during the car ride to the park. Isn't he gorgeous? Love those big blue eyes.











The fountain. I saw lots of pinks and purples this year - so pretty.












The Poet's Bridge had all these cool curly lights all over it that changed colour - so funky. My favourite part of the lights this year.












Glow-in-the-dark Bean. He was mesmerised...until about 10 p.m. when he fell asleep!












This was just a random shot I took when I was waving the camera around and pressed the shutter in mid-air. Love how it turned out though. I'm so artistic! lol












Carl, Campbell and I. Love my boys!












All tuckered out.

And so am I...so I'm off to bed!