Thursday, January 10, 2008

scrapbooking fevah!

Yes, the scrapbooking bug has hit my in-laws (well, one of them anyway!). I gave Nicola (Carl's sister) a list of scrapbooking websites and online stores while we were down in Taranaki, and I was informed this evening that she has made her first purchases! Furthermore, I am slowly convincing my sister that scrapbooking Davey's pictures rather than simply backing up his photos to CDs would be a super-fun activity for us to do together. There is no escape.



Carl was kind enough to give me a whole day to myself yesterday (apart from feeding Bean) to do some scrapbooking in exchange for him going out while we were down South. I only did two layouts, but it felt good to be creative and make a tiny dent in my list of pages for Campbell's book. I'll scan the layouts and post them here over the next couple of days.



The trip home from Taranaki was entirely uneventful - we stopped in Hamilton and Auckland to feed and that's about it. Since being home Cam has been a bit of a ratbag - maybe we should move down to live with Geoff and Jenny because when he's there he's on his best behaviour!



Our main concern with Cam at the moment is that he is still waking up every 2 hours per night and wanting to feed. We took him to the doctor today (he is 7.03 kg now!) and we were basically told to get tough on him and stop letting him use me "like a dummy". Campbell goes back to sleep within five minutes on the breast, so it's definitely just a comfort thing. We are letting him cry it out right now...I know he can put himself to sleep because he did it this afternoon. Wish us luck!



All my recent photos are on my other computer, so I'll leave you with an oldie (but a goodie).