Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new year!

Happy New Year to you all! Carl, Campbell and I have had a wonderful start to 2008. The weather in Taranaki has been perfect and we spent all day out and about with Geoff and Jenny (Carl's parents), visiting the beach and Brooklands Zoo and having a picnic lunch. We topped it off with a barbeque at our friends Craig and Kirsty's...as you can imagine, Cam is absolutely
exhausted! Here are a few photos from today:















Cam loves the water and will splash one foot up and down in the waves. I can't wait until we can take him swimming "for real" - I think he's still a bit too small for the ocean. Maybe next summer.















Our little family of three. I think it may become a New Year's Day tradition to hit the beach - weather permitting, of course!















Gorgeous Campbell. The little elephant lying next to him is "Crunchy" - his favourite toy. Crunchy goes everywhere with Cam!















Cambo with his Grandad and Nana. He has loved getting reacquainted with them during this trip - he lights up with smiles when they are around. I truly think there is a special bond between grandparents and grandchildren...even when Campbell pees down the front of Jenny's top during bath time! hee hee















This is a photo of a ring tailed lemur (I think that's what they're called) that Jenny took at Brooklands Zoo. I think it looks just like a professional wildlife photograph - and extra props to Jenny for taking it through the gaps in the wire fence. Cam was dozing off by this stage...how nice to be able to nap whenever and wherever you want!

I hope you all had a great day as well! Keep checking in for regular photos and updates on Campbell's progress. I pinky promise I will keep the site up to date this year!